Saturday, October 11, 2008

Found treasures

I was digging through my notes and found some interesting quotes from students.

Seeing me approach, a student says about another, "If he says I called him an idiot-he’s lying." That is exactly what I was going to talk to him about.


Discussing The Civil War in US History I began by asking if the students knew what it was. One astute young man answered, "The civil war was when the whites and blacks fought for freedom…no wait, that was the Mexican-American War."


A random comment from D., "I can’t put lipstick on my forehead-my girlfriend may think I’m too sensitive" then a long pause before adding, "or too stupid." Hmm....I think I know which one...



D. on trying to explain why he was so tired after a three day weekend, "I had a car rollover but don’t tell my dad-he doesn’t know about it. Someone paid my bill but I don’t know who."

J. on why he will not but will fight another young man over a girl, "If he wants to fight, I’ll go toes. If he wants to fight him I’ll fight but I’m not going to make him."

No comments: