Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Evacuation

Yesterday we had an evacuation drill. Little W. was walking beside me to the college across the street that we use as our relocation site in such drills. When we sat down in the ampitheater there were junior high girls in the front of us dancing and screaming. There were junior high girls and boys behind us dancing and screaming. Little W looks at me and asks, "Have you ever felt like you were in attendance at a butthead convention?" I reply that I have not and he just shakes his head, "I feel like I'm at one now."

Walking back from the evacuation the PE teacher is yelling (half joking, but also to make a point) for the kids to stay on the sidewalk. Little W. says to me regarding the PE teacher, "Dude, she's crazy, huh?" I say that she is and he shakes his head and says "I guess we all have our issues, eh?"

No comments: